Troubleshooting RA VPN FTD

 

Having a customer running FTDs managed by FMC configured for remote access vpn. The authentication is performed through LDAP.

 

Taking a request that they can’t login with anyconnect and the message login failed appeared.

Then I resetted my own password from AD as I didn’t save it when I created it (if I don’t save it on KeePass then always need a reset). I tried to login with my credentials and I successfully connected.

 

Then I knew that the issue was with specific user.

I checked the FW config and everything was there correctly!

 

Intead of resetting the password I proceeded with some debugs on the firewall to better understand and find the issue.

Before that I connected on FTD cli then on system support diagnostic-cli 

 

sho debug

debug aaa authentication enabled at level 1

debug aaa authentication enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug aaa authorization enabled at level 1

debug aaa authorization enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug aaa accounting enabled at level 1

debug aaa accounting enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug aaa internal enabled at level 1

debug aaa internal enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug aaa url-redirect enabled at level 1

debug aaa url-redirect enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug aaa common enabled at level 1

debug aaa common enabled at level 1 (persistent)

INFO: Webvpn conditional debug is turned ON

INFO: User name filters:

INFO: pro

debug vpn-sessiondb  enabled at level 9

debug vpn-sessiondb  enabled at level 9 (persistent)

debug vpn-session-trace  enabled at level 1

debug vpn-session-trace  enabled at level 1 (persistent)

debug ldap  enabled at level 255

debug ldap  enabled at level 255 (persistent)

INFO: Webvpn conditional debug is turned ON

INFO: User name filters:

INFO: pro

debug webvpn  enabled at level 1

debug webvpn  enabled at level 1 (persistent)

INFO: Webvpn conditional debug is turned ON

INFO: User name filters:

INFO: pro

Debug fxos_parser off

Conditional debug filters:

Conditional debug features:

 

After the debugs I tried to login with the customer credentials

Then I noticed the below:

[583] Binding as pro

[583] Performing Simple authentication for pro to 172.30.1.10

[583] Simple authentication for pro returned code (49) Invalid credentials

[583] Message (pro): 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090439, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 775, v4563

[583] Account for pro locked out

 

The issue was clear. I reset the user credentials from AD.

 

Everything worked after that!!


What is your approach of troubleshooting RA VPN issues on FTDs??
You can send me a message through my social media accounts or commend


Source: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/623/configuration/guide/fpmc-config-guide-v623/firepower_threat_defense_vpn_troubleshooting.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upgrade WLC / Supplementary image

Converting lightweigh to standalone AP and vice versa

ISE Direct Upgrade URT