Introduction to 9800 WLCs


As a wireless engineer with focus in wireless I could say I am more than familiar with airos WLCs.

My experience with installations troubleshooting and maintaining those WLCs I can say I feel very confident.

As those WLCs now are going to be replaced with iosxe wireless controllers I need to learn those new platforms.

Even I have attended lot of webinars, cisco live presentations and documentation, I can say that I was scare of this new model. I don’t know the reason. I found this new model difficult for me at the beginning.

As I understand later on the key on this was my first installation. I had to study a lot to understand this model and deploy the customer needs. After even the first installation I have different opinion!

 

Conclusion:

Even the philosophy its different between the 2 WLCs, an engineer with airos experience will not find it very difficult to understand 9800.

A tip for the wlc is to navigate into wireless setup (right up corner) Choose advanced Setup. You will see the below diagram. Review carefully this diagram as I found it very helpful.

 

This is my first article regarding 9800 WLCs. In the future I am planning and I will try to add examples, links and experiences I found useful and help me understand the new controllers.

 




Understand Catalyst 9800 Wireless Controllers Configuration Model

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213911-understand-catalyst-9800-wireless-contro.html#anc17

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Upgrade WLC / Supplementary image

Converting lightweigh to standalone AP and vice versa

ISE Direct Upgrade URT